Peer Review
The feedback I received was very beneficial to me, and I feel great about continuing my project. The cover was the most work-intense section of the magazine and the one that received the most feedback. One of the main features, inspired by Sports Illustrated, was the title appearing offset to the three athletes on the cover. I got a mixed feedback, some saying that the idea was very unique, and it made the athletes stand out making them significant; while others said they had a little difficulty in reading the word “Introspect” because one of the athletes was covering the end of the word. My colleagues also mentioned that I had room to adjust the title. I’m most likely going to adjust the title so people can read the title more clearly, but also keep the same effect of the athletes appearing in front of the text. I also got some feedback on my selling line “You matter.” My peers brought to my attention the placement of the selling line doesn’t correspond to the format of the rest of the text on the cover and that I had room either at the top or bottom to adjust it. They also suggested to get rid of the quotation marks that I previously had. Included in my cover page, I had several stories appearing on both sides with certain colored and bolded letters. I had several suggestions to change the three colors I had to only one color to make the cover seem more consistent, rather than random. My peers stated that this would look more professional and on style with the type of magazine and message I was portraying. As for the contents page, I was suggested to add more articles to fit the rubric and to center the word “Contents” which was the title. I was also suggested to be consistent with the cover page meaning the color I select for the bolded text could also represent the color I used for the outlining of the pictures I had. For my feature article, I was suggested that I had a lot more room that the styled bars, that I previously added for modernity, could be minimized and brought down so I had more room to expand my article. Considering this I was also suggested that the article could be formatted more professionally with an introduction and conclusion to solidify the meaning behind the article. Another peer suggested the inclusion of more talk about the sports that are going on right now and giving updates within the article to keep the interest of the consumers. I need to work towards adjusting all of these improvements to the standards that my peers provided for me. All of the previous adjustments to the magazine would amplify the significance and level of its credibility going forward.
Comments
Post a Comment