Decision Day
My initial impression of both InDesign and Premiere Pro was somewhat conflicting. Both of the programs, for the little time I was able to use them, were pretty confusing. However, I didn’t let this steer my judgement because I didn’t have experience with either one so, it was bound to be confusing for me. For the program that I pursue, there will be more time to practice specific tools/features for my final product.
InDesign appears to be the perfect program to create a modern-day magazine cover and content pages. From the accessibility of all the text design features to the detailed cropping/editing features on the imported photos. The program gives any user full flexibility to express the artistically creative styled magazine. The article in Survival of the fittest mentioned how a change in creative style can, in some perspectives, give more light to a magazine so there is a positive increase in more consumers that will purchase the magazine. The way the program formats the pages like a magazine can set the narrative for a story to tell through various pictures and neatly coordinated content pages. My inexperience is currently holding me back, however, InDesign is perfectly capable of helping me deliver whatever the specific narrative I desire. The program also looks simple to learn through video tutorials online.
As for Premiere Pro, I feel similarly with a few minute differences. Premiere Pro, from the tutorials we watched, is the type of legitimate film sequencing program that professional content creators could edit. The end product of the video portray that of a full-scale movie set. This would typically become limited to the type of camera used for the project, but Premiere Pro has all the necessary editing tools; such as, a cut/crop tool and a full-scale effects menu. Editing a video through Premiere Pro has the potential to heavily assist conveying a story because of the great number of tools that could aid in an already usefully telling video. This was further portrayed in the article Our Place in the Universe when the author discussed about the importance of visuals in portraying a story to a consumer, and how the video better defines the narrative for those learning/reading the subject. Using this program could make my narrative easier to understand, but I also feel that this choice for the project would ultimately be at a higher level of difficulty. I consider this because I don’t classify myself as a naturally creative person, or because of the difficulty of learning the various tools make overcome my efforts. Overall, Premiere Pro is more than capable of creating a story and clarifying the narrative of the director.
After considering both of the programs' benefits and drawbacks, I decided
that I am going to be pursing the magazine project. Personally, I feel that I
would be able to express my creative efforts more efficiently through a magazine
styled project done in InDesign. The article from Survival of the Fittest helped
me understand that sometimes when considering design, the author has to seriously consider their strengths in the program, or what they see themselves succeeding in. The results are said to follow. This further supports my decision of considering the magazine which I believe I would work the most efficient and create my best product.
Comments
Post a Comment