Creativity and Genre
The creative process of an individual is amongst some of the most
important factors when embarking on a new aspiration. This is especially
important when the field are diverse through their styles and targeted audiences.
This was very apparent in the Creativity Ted talk when the speaker mentioned the
importance of avoiding the traditional stream of thinking. The talk suggested naïve
experts and outliers as the most creative groups when it comes to innovation. The
issue lies in the standard mindset that blocks a creative flow of thinking.
Bravery to pursue the creative process is what develops the
innovative products in our day. Stepping aside from the traditional way of thinking
is perfectly represented in the new introductions activity. The activity
presents the traditional way someone would introduce themselves to another
person. Rather than mentioning main things you knew about yourself that sound
the most interesting, the activity makes you select a topic and write several
sentences based off the ideas surrounding it. The activity forced everyone into a new scope of
thinking which ultimately developed a deeper meaning to the statements we made
about ourselves. The activity demonstrates that the creative processes of thinking are
beneficial when dealing with new fields across many approaches. The article “An
interview with Rob Beghetto” does a magnificent job of showing the “beautiful
risk” in using creative processes. When in an environment where the subject is
questioned by many, a successful path of creative outlooks has the potential to
contribute to the learning and lives of others. This demonstrates the
significance of creative processes when addressing new choices that are not certain.
One of the great editors that I selected to research was
named Chris Stone. Chris Stone is the editor of Sports Illustrated, and he does
a prophetic job at displaying the significance of sports in scope of the world.
I wouldn’t say this is the most creative editor I’ve seen, however, with the
sports genre the creativity isn’t always explicit. With simplistic photos and bold
headlines, the creative style is apparent. The real creativity in his work lies
within the articles themselves. The selective questions and relations of their
viewpoints connects the sports world and the real world. I would hope to emulate
this style on a much smaller scale. Competing with Sports Illustrated looks
unrealistic. On the other hand, emulating this style and diversity could be
done on the high school level. I also researched another editor named Johnathan
Beverly who is the editor and chief for the magazine Runner’s World. Johnathan
does an excellent style of incorporating products withing the article. The content
pages displays the subject in the product with links to the product aside. I would
also like to emulate a style similar to this incorporation, and hopefully
combine the two to create something original. I would change the style and how
the products are catered to the focused sport my magazine will revolve around.
I plan to create a high school level magazine that goes
in depth with local players and futures match ups. Particular players that have
potential and underlying issues that could connect to the issues occurring in
the world at the moment. The sports genre excites me because I am an avid
sports watcher, and I find not only the game interesting, but also the player
with what they have to say. I could portray my creative outlook through this
style of sports organized magazine.
Comments
Post a Comment