Storyboard


Creating my storyboard was an enjoyable, yet creatively challenging for me. I am not an artistic person which made the process of drawing it very challenging. Despite this, I roughly knew a general concept of what I wanted. I really enjoyed the concept of my storyboard watching it slowly form and the process that I went through to figure out what exactly I wanted where. The Storyboard your way to success stated that the intricate details in magazines are very important in the creative process and in making your magazine/film unique to yourself (1). I learned this through creating the storyboard for my magazine project. The challenging part for me was figuring this out for myself. It was also an experience to discover how the mise-en-scene I was attempting to portray would appear on the magazine. Creating this storyboard was very beneficial for me considering I had a general idea of what I wanted, but I was unsure of the placement. Considering I am a visual learner, mapping out the magazine via a storyboard helped me in significant ways that a description or script rather wouldn’t. In the article, Filmmaking across the curriculum they mentioned the significance of organization and preparation for large personal projects (2). The storyboard acted as one of those significant tools for me that not only allowed me to stay organized, but it would also be a great reference in the future. The difference between my script and my storyboard was significant. My concept became more defined and well rounded after my storyboarding. 

 

 

 

Bibliography 

  1. 1. Higgins, J. M. (1995, June). Storyboard your way to success. Training & Development, 49(6), 13+. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A17184360/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=4ce58a59.  

  1. 2. O'Brien, A. (2005). Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide. Australian Screen Education, (38), 87+. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A135246824/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=03f9764a 

 

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Post Production 2- Defining My Product

Post Production 1- Altering Color Coordination and Style